Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day

Jeremy put together a great day of relaxation and quality family time for us this Mother's Day. The day began with me sleeping in (glorious), a yummy breakfast, and some mysterious presents. Siena helped me open them and we were super excited to discover some fun floaties for us to bob around in the ocean on, all the toys necessary to build an awesome sand castle, and a new "beach read" for Mommy. Hurray! After some serious beach time and floating, we headed over to the park for a picnic (Siena had so much fun walking, falling, and rolling around on the grass) and then out for ice cream. It was a fabulous day capped off by some good reminiscing about the fact that this time last year we were staring at an empty crib and wondering what was in store for us. . .and now here we are with Siena turning 1 in less than a month. Where did the time go? Time has shifted into hyper-speed this last year with so much change and all of the new adventures that come along with parenthood. I fear that sometimes I do give in to the exhaustion and stress of trying to balance it all, but Mother's Day was the ideal moment to stop, take stock, and recognize how truly blessed we are. I am a lucky Mommy and when I stop to count my blessings, they are rich and many.

1 comment:

Fannette said...

Ces photos respirent le bonheur !
Mille bisous à vous trois.
Fannette